Wednesday 5 August 2015

MyGov contributor on MyGov experience and the opportunity to Meet the Prime Minister on 1st July, 2015


Deeksha Katyal, New Delhi
Our country is very diverse and versatile and that practically is the essence and beauty of the country. However, having travelled the world, I came to realise that we are different from other countries in one more way . We all are more aware of the political issues of the country and are politically opinionated. Be it the “Chaupals” or the “ Boardroom discussions”, one will always see people discussing the flaws in the government
setup and what more can be done to address these issues by the government .
Probably, inception of www.MyGov.in happened keeping in view the same idea. For once, all of us besides our backgrounds, besides the age, besides the cultural differences and besides the hierarchy, could participate in the governance of the country. One could contribute in multitude and varied areas depending on the field of interest. ”Contribute rather than condemn” seemed to be idea and I took this opportunity to contribute in a field I had experience and expertise in. I suggested the use of real time networks for “ Ganga Action Plan” and linking it up with Geographical Information System(GIS) to demarcate the vulnerable zones in Ganga.
I observed that numerous people were giving varied suggestions at mygov.in and majority of ideas seemed wonderful. Not for a while, did I think that someone, somewhere will do the daunting task of going through all these ideas, screen them and read them . So, when I received a call from MyGov people informing me that my contributions were found worthy of consideration and thus I will be able to meet the Honourable Prime Minister in person , my first reaction was of complete disbelief .
And then I lived the dream on 1st July , 2015. I heard the true Icon, Mr. Narendra Modi, talk and shook hands with him. His motivating words will inspire me for years to come. My dream materialised because of the admirable efforts put in by the team of MyGov.in. Understanding that this might be a moment which we will cherish for our lifetime, they comforted and prepared us . All of them , with their modest and humble behaviour, made the journey worth thousand memories .
Being an Erasmus Mundus fellow, I celebrated the meeting by spreading a word about mygov.in and the photographs amongst my international peer group. I received numerous congratulatory messages commending the work that the govt is doing by evolving this mode of “participatory development” and it changed the perception of “India” for them. Many of them wished that the same could be duplicated in their countries.
As I revisit the experience in my mind, I end up thinking “What will the country look like if all 125 crores of us put at least one idea through to make it a better country?”… Won’t our never ending grudge against the government end as we will be the one governing. Thus, I urge all to participate in this revolution wherein not only our vote but our opinion also counts. Let’s make India the India we wish to see and live in…..

No comments:

Post a Comment